Name: Dr. Anjan Roy
Designation: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Qualification: Ph.D. from IIT Bombay, M.Tech., M.Sc.
Specialization: • Remote Sensing with Optical and Hyperspectral Satellite Images and GIS.
• Application of Geoinformatics to Climate Change, Hydrology and Forest Cover Monitoring.
Experience: 1.5 Years Teaching Experience, 8.5 Years Research Experience
Associations & Achievements:
• Reviewer in 2020 of “Applied Geomatics”, a peer reviewed International Journal; Springer Publication.
• Reviewer in 2017 of “IEEE JSTARS by IEEE Geosciences and Remote Sensing Society (an important and top-class peer reviewed International Journal in the field of Geosciences and Remote Sensing, Impact Factor - 2.57).
• Reviewer in 2017 of “Asian Geographer” a peer reviewed International Journal; Taylor & Francis Publication.
• Former Research Associate at CSRE, IIT Bombay.
• Awarded MHRD research fellowship from IIT Bombay.
• Awarded a scholarship from the “Svaagata.eu project” in one of the Eight European Universities in the consortium for an exchange research student for six (6) months Ph.D. exchange p.rogram under “Erasmus Mundus” (European Commission´s) during October 2014 – April 2015, Department of Environment and Planning, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
• Awarded contribution towards participation and present a paper at the “2014 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2014)” in Quebec City, Canada.
• Awarded student travel grant from “2nd WCRP CORDEX South Asia and ICIMOD” to participate in “The 2nd WCRP CORDEX South Asia Science and Training Workshop in South Asia, during August 27-30 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal.
No. of Publications: International Journal and Conference: 5, National Conference:1